Thursday 5 February 2009

Right then...

... what do I want to do. 

for those who don't know me I thought I'd better tell you more about myself and what I want to do. 

Basically at the moment I am a 3rd year Photography student studing at UCA Farnham. This past year I have really enjoyed getting back into my degree after a year off. And the last six months I have loved, purely down to creative freedom and doing something I want to do. This I know will not allways be the case, but I find myself forever clutching education and I know for certain that I don't want to leave. An MA is something that I definatly want to do, but funds arn't really there. So the MA will have to be put on hold. 

Being a photographer is my top proirity. Ultimatly what I want to do is make the work I want to make, and get paid for it. This is really the dream and I have to be pracitical and the chances of being successful at this are slim, but I won't give up on this. So the shorterm plan at the moment is the enter my work into competition and hopefully I will get noticed by the right people. 
 
I find the prospect of teaching is very appealing. I love learning and improving myself through education, and I feel that with a teaching position not only will I be teaching others but I will be a challenging job that will keep me on my toes and allow me to keep researching and learning myself. 

However I am keeping my options open at the moment, and continually looking around a potentially what else I could do. Other jobs that are appealing is the work in Galleries, Picture Libraries, working freelance, basically anything creative. This has been the bulk of my search at the moment to see what else I could do. In short Plan B. 

Best Wishes

Helen x

No comments:

Post a Comment