Monday 16 February 2009

Placement Diary II

So far I feel my placement is going well at Farnham college. Currently with the Graphics groups I am with I feel focused in my mentoring of what they are doing at the moment in terms of giving advice with what they need to do. There is definatly a sense of enjoyment and talking to Steve i feel he is there to help me if required, and feel that he does trust me with what I am doing. 

In terms of the photography group that I am with I have only just started the lessons with. The first lesson was rather a weird one for several reasons. One being the normal teacher with that group is off for bereavement, secondly it being the last lesson before half term week (this week) and half the students are not there and finally it being the end of the project and students are much focused on what they are doing. What I felt I did achieve is to start talking to students and finding out what they are interested in. 

Overall am happy with the ways things are going

1 comment:

  1. ah wow i would love to do mentoring- your lucky, hope it gets better afrer half term

    ReplyDelete